One of the joys of using Gmail is the fact that you never have to delete any emails. Google gives you so much storage that most people will never run of space.
That same feature can also become a headache when you need to find a certain email. Of course Gmail has several built in tools that help you organize and search for that elusive message, but, wouldn’t it be better if everything related to a transaction was neatly organized for you?
My latest find will do just that for you. Folio, by Amitree, is a Goggle Chrome browser extension that bills itself as “the first Gmail assistant for real estate agents”.
Some of it’s features are:
- Automatically Organize transactions – Folio automatically places emails into Smart Folders for each one of your transactions.
- Documents & files at a glance – Easily find important documents and contacts for each transaction you’re working on.
- Timelines to share with clients – Share timelines with clients so they can see what’s coming up during closing, and see your preferred service providers.
- Calendar sync – When you add or change a date in the timeline, dates are automatically synced to everyone’s calendar.
- Reminders and notes – Set up reminders or notes for your clients at any step during closing: from inspections through insurance to the loan deadline.
- Resources & Concierge Services – Provide your clients with resources to find home insurance, movers, or to set up local utilities.
Installation is simple, but it does require that you use the Google Chrome Browser to access your Gmail account. Simply go to amitree.com and click on the green button near the top of the page that says “Install Folio for Free”. Note: you have to do this while using the Chrome browser!
You may wonder how they make money if they are giving this away for free. I did too, so I went looking for the answer and found this in their FAQ section:
“Folio is a free product for agents to use with as many transactions and clients as they like. Amitree makes money when your clients elect to take advantage of its concierge services, like getting home insurance and installing cable. You can turn these services off any time in your settings page, and still use Folio for free.”
This looks like a very cool way to keep track of your transaction related emails AND keep your clients in the loop too! Give it a try!