If you are through with the Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday madness, and if you still have about $20.00, why not splurge on something useful to your business?
I am talking about you buying the National Association of REALTORS® Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers 2011. This is a 124 page document that is chock full of some very useful information that is absolutely essential to the success of your business in 2012.
That’s a strong statement, but let me ask you a few questions that will illustrate my point:
- Do you know how the majority of home buyers first found the home that they ultimately bought? Hint: It wasn’t from a newspaper or magazine ad, and it wasn’t directly from an agent.
- Can you tell me how the buyers found their agent? This answer may surprise you…but it shouldn’t.
- Where do you suppose that home sellers found the agent that they ultimately used to list their home? Again, this should not be a surprise, but it’s not where most people think.
The answers can be found on the following pages in the report:
- Chapter 3 The Home Search Process, Page 50, Exhibit 3-9
- Chapter 4: Home Buying and Real Estate Professionals, Page 63, Exhibit 4-12
- Chapter 7: Home Selling and Real Estate Professionals, Page 97, Exhibit 7-1
There are a total of seven chapters in the report, all of which contain information that will help you determine how and why to prospect for business. It will also help you educate home sellers on the minuscule value to be obtained by print advertising.
NAR does not make this all that easy to find, and they make the download version harder yet to find. Note to NAR: How about a BIG ORANGE button on the home page of Realtor.org that goes right to the download version? And while you are at it, how about knocking the price down to something more like FREE?
Here are the links that you need for both the print and downloadable versions
Download: http://www.realtor.org/prodser.nsf/products/E186-45-11?OpenDocument Non-Member $149.00 Member $19.95
Paper: http://www.realtor.org/prodser.nsf/products/186-45-11?OpenDocument Non-Member $150.00 Member $50.00
So, get off your duff, break out your credit card and at least get the download version and spend a few hours studying it. I am certain that you will learn something that will help you do more business in 2012.