As I write this post, October 2016 is nearly behind us. Just two more months and 2017 will be here!
It’s amazing to me how fast time seems to fly by these days and I often wonder how I can make the most of each day that I spend in my business. Over the years I have learned of many methods for planning and tracking my business, and that just choosing one of them will work “miracles” over a hit and miss approach.
But, what I have found that REALLY makes a difference in my business is making sure that I prospect EVERY DAY! When I do that, I get business, when I get business I make money. Simple process and then when the end of the year looms large over me, I don’t have that OMG there are only two more months left to hit my income goals feeling!
That’s all well and good, but coming up with ways to prospect that are effective and that I will do every day can sometimes be difficult. So, I thought that I’d give you a short list of prospecting ideas this week. See if you can find one or two ideas that you will implement EVERY DAY. Make a promise to yourself that you will do them EVERY DAY over the next few months. It may be too late to have much impact on this year’s finances given the length of time it takes to open and close an escrow, but cranking up your prospecting now will have a MAJOR positive impact on your first quarter earnings!
Here is the list:
- Send an email to everyone in your database telling them that you are open for business
- Send some handwritten notes. Send these to your past clients and to your sphere. Say this: Dear John, I’ve been thinking of you lately and I hope that everything is ok with you. Let’s get together for coffee sometime soon. Sincerely, You. Enclose a few biz cards.
- Hold open houses every week.
- Run Facebook ads to promote the open house. Do one ad to everyone in a radius around the house, do another that targets likely buyers.
- Visit homes in the immediate vicinity of new listings. Often others in the neighborhood are also thinking of selling
- If you are active on social media, be sure to comment on other people’s posts! It reminds them of you as they will get notified that you did so.
- Work the expired listings! More of these will come up as the market changes.
Maybe you won’t find anything you like here, but do some research with out of area agents and see what they do. Since you are not a competitor, they may be more willing to share the secrets to their success with you.
Here is the bottom line: The more you prospect the more you earn. It’s really that simple.