I ran across a cool iPad app the other day and the more I work with it the more I like it.
This could be the perfect app to tell your clients about because it will let them visualize, on an iPad, what their living space could look like, or even better, I think it would be perfect as a tool to help home buyers visualize what the home that they are looking at could look like when they purchase the home.
It’s called Homestyler by Autodesk (The same people who make the industry standard design software Autocad).
Here is what they have to say on their website:
SNAP A PICTURE OF A ROOM TO CREATE YOUR OWN 3D HOME DESIGN PLAYGROUND
- Place high-quality 3D models of real furniture products in your rooms
- Hang light fixtures from your ceiling
- See how rugs, paintings, mirrors and more look in your space
GET INSPIRED, GET ADVICE, GET FEEDBACK
- Browse the Design Stream for pics
- Share your designs with friends and family through FB and email.
- Comment on and “Heart” designs within the Design Gallery
CONNECT WITH A PROFESSIONAL
- Browse Portfolio Pages of professional designers in your area.
- Find designers who have the style and expertise you need.
- Get answers to your specific product and design questions or to get help on a bigger project.
The app is free and once you have it installed, you can take a photo of a room, change paint colors of the walls, add carpets, name brand furniture, chandeliers and a variety of other tools to make the room look like you (or your clients) would like.
You can share your design with others and also connect through the app to design professionals.
It’s worth a look, and it’s worth telling your clients about, as it just may help you close a sale!