In a few days summer will be over. The Autumnal Equinox is Monday, September 22, 2014 here in California, but as far as the real estate market is concerned, summer is over and the fall selling season is under way. This is traditionally the last “push” of the year. The time between now and Thanksgiving can be crucial to your overall success for the year.
So, are you on track to hit your income goals for 2014? Or could a few more deals be just what you need?
Thinking that most of us could use a few more closed transactions by year end, and also recognizing that most of us could use a few more tips on how to find more business, I did some research for real estate prospecting tools and came up with a couple of really good resources for you. Spend a few minutes on each of these and see if there isn’t something there that will help you find another deal or two!
- REALTOR®Mag has a great page with links to planning and strategy techniques. From the page: Prospecting is the lifeblood of any successful real estate career. It’s that simple. The more people you come in contact with, the more listing and sales you can achieve. All it takes is a plan and some persistence. http://realtormag.realtor.org/tool-kit/prospecting
- From realtor.org we find The Field Guide to Farming and Prospecting. Here is what they have to say: Developing new leads is crucial to expanding a successful real estate business. In this Field Guide, a wealth of resources are available to you including several toolkits from REALTOR® Magazine Online, relevant articles from various websites, plus books, eBooks, and related Field Guides from Information Central. Updated information pertaining to telemarketing and the “Do Not Call” rules and regulations is also presented, as well as ways to use the Internet in your prospecting efforts. (C. Dodge, Information Specialist) http://www.realtor.org/field-guides/field-guide-to-farming-and-prospecting
- Long time real estate sales coach Mike Ferry has an EXCELLENT list of FREE scripts and tools that you can download from this page: http://www.mikeferry.com/main/content/complimentary
- Maybe you need some ideas for letters. If so, the Real Estate Business Letter Templates at Realtor.org may have what you need. Here is what they say: “The NAR Library receives calls from time-to-time requesting letter templates for business prospecting or to announce new business ventures. Below are a few template ideas penned by our librarians which you are free to download. We’ve also included some library resources for developing business letter templates.” http://www.realtor.org/library/real-estate-business-letter-templates
- Finally, from OutBoundEngine.com blog comes 7 Marketing Ideas for Real Estate Agents in 2014. This easy to read blog post comes with 6 great social media/email/mobile ideas and one common sense idea. http://www.outboundengine.com/blog/7-marketing-ideas-for-real-estate-agents-in-2014/
Even if you have enough business to achieve your income goal, maybe spending an hour or so working through this list will help get off to a better start in 2015. And if you don’t have enough going on now, I KNOW that there is at least one idea that will work for you now in this list. All you have to do is to take action!